Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot submit form from workspace

Level 4

Good morning,

for a long time we experience an issue when completing  form in workspace. I can fill the form and click the Complete button. Nothing happens, form remains open and is unable to be submitted. If I click the button many times, sometimes it helps and forms is submitted after many clicks.

The issue doesn't occur regulary. Close and start browser sometimes helps, sometimes user have to logout and logon.

Forms architecture is simple: several text fields without scripts and AWS workflow fields collection.

I have upgraded LiveCycle ES server to the latest service pack 3.

The reader is version 8.1.3.

Please help.

--- Jaroslav

4 Replies

Level 10

This is not seems to be an error with your form fields/scripting; rather this could happen cos of your Render/Submit service you have chosen..

Verify that they are running properly (through adminui) and consider memory limitations of your server

Nith

Level 4

Nith,

I'm sorry, I don't thing so. Render function is called before the form is displayed on the screen and it's function is to preset workflow fields with actual process, task id, submit URL, server email and so. At the end it injects javascript called form bridge to the form. I checked forms that were submitted well, forms that cannot be submitted at all and forms that was submitted after some time of clicking the button. I have not found differences, all the forms where prefilled well.

The submit function is called after the form is submitted and data are passed to the workspace-server. That data are input parameters of the submit function and you can validate them, make computations and so on. Unfortunatelly in my case this sometime never happen. Form is unable to submit the data. And if data are not submitted, no submit function is called.

For that reasons I do think there is no problem in render / submit function.

--- Jaroslav

Level 10

Make sure your render service configuration is using Custom Configuration -> targeturl for the target url parameter.

Also you can hard code http://<server>:<port>/workspace-server/submit on the submit button to test to make sure it's not something with the form.

You don't need the all the  process fields to be added tp your form. The only thing you need is a submit button.

Jasmin

Level 3

I have just installed sp3..

without any sp LC 8.2 was ok, but after that sp3 , when i complete a task in workspace, it seems to be completed,

but process does not go the next step. In adminui, i see task is task is completed but operation still in  'RUNNING' status.

Please help!

Thanks,

Sedat,