Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Cannot rights usage enable a LC form in Acrobat. Why?

Level 2

I've created a form in Designer (using an existing pdf) but when I try to enable usage rights in Acrobat, I get a message "This document could not be Reader Enabled". I can save the form on my computer but not on other computers.

Help for any help! I need to get my forms online by tomorrow.

Thanks, Marg

0 Replies

Level 10

What is the type (Acroform or XFA-based) and version of the source PDF?

Steve

Level 2

Steve,

I'm not sure of the source of the original pdf with which I had the problem. However, it doesn't matter what file I try to rights enable, I get the same message with all files. All my forms were created with Acrobat/Designer, usually from Word document, sometimes from pdfs. I've made 100s of forms, never had this problem before. All of a sudden, I get the same message with every file. "This document cannot be Reader Enabled".

Thanks!...any idea what might be wrong? .

Marg

Level 2

Steve,

Yes, I do get your point re the license. But I thought (and the article says this) that the license only applies to UNIQUE documents. So what you're saying is that I may have "Rights Enabled" more than 500 documents. I don't see anywhere where is limits how many forms you can create, you just can't distribute more than 500. But you can make as many as you want. So I should be able to physically rights enable as many files as I want. I don't see a limitation on that (unless I've missed something).

Unfortunately the person with the serial number is on holidays, otherwise I would call tech support (though it costs $40 just to talk to someone which I think totally sucks). A simple phone call would have cleared this up for me and when I called tech support the amount of time they spent with me on the phone, they could have easily solved my problem, instead of sending away a frustrated customer (who has already given them a lot of money).

irg...

thanks for the suggestion. It may be the case.