Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot login to JBoss Livecycle Installation

Level 1

I cannot figure out how to login through workbench.  I have configured it for port 8080 and can see the JBoss 4.0 page.  The help files say: If you cannot log in successfully, configure the user accounts. To do this, log in to LiveCycle Administration Console as the administrator and click Settings > User Management > Users and Groups. For more information about creating user accounts, see User Management Help.

None of which tells me how to access the server.  I have never seen such lousy documentation for a server product that sells for this price.  I am evaluating this for my Team to use on a system that will support 20k users for the first year and right now, I'm about to call Rob Tarkoff and tell him that without specialized training, his product is unusable for many.  I am well versed in Server technology, and neither the web console nor the jmx-console is accessable for configuring.  And I am not a fan of either JBoss (especially 4.0) or high priced WebLogic.  Why couldn't they have bundled with Glassfish?

So what next?  I need something that works out of the box without $250/hr Deloitte consultants to get it working.  Is there a blog or something that someone can point me to where I can get this thing working from?

XP Installation for development.

Thanks,

Curtis Fisher

5 Replies

Employee

Hi Curtis,

Sorry you are having trouble finding the right information. To access the admin console of the server, the URL is:

http://[host name]:[port]/adminui  (as mentioned on page 96 of the admin guide).

To access LiveCycle Workbench, there is no browser involved, you need to install then launch the Workbench application based on Eclipse. An example of the login steps for Workbench is below. Note that the Modify Server dialog is a one-time operation.

Thanks for trying LiveCycle!

Marc Eaman

Level 1

Thanks for the quick answer, but this is exactly what I'm trying to do.  I am using the workbench and do have it configured for localhost with port 8080 and it looks like this:

livecycle.jpg

Your help is much appreciated, but I really need more than simple instructions.  The JBoss server is running, but I get this:

Livecycle2.jpg

If i had something that allowed me to configure the server, like a console, i could go even further.  But there is no console.  Do I have a bad installation?  I don't know.  But this is exactly the kind of crap you would expect from open source, little documentation and running on a very old edition of JBoss.

Do you have any other ideas?  Or did your install work like a champ from the start?  http://localhost:8080/adminui does not work...

Thanks again...

Employee

Hi Curtis,

Is "kvarsen" the master administrator you created at install time? If not, you need to grant kvarsen permission via AdminUI:

http://LiveCycleDev:8080/adminui. Then follow the crumbs below (1):

Assign user.jpg

Select the user (2) and click Assign role (3). Then select "Application Adminstrator" in following screen:

Assign user2.jpg

Save everythng and re-load Workbench.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

FYI: I'm logging-off now and will connect again tomorrow.

Best,

Marc

Level 1

Removed JBoss installation after it was obvious it never installed correctly.  Installed Weblogic installation and I was prompted through a completely different path for configuration in contrast to JBoss.

I can now login to the http://localhost:8001/adminui and I see all the users for the example apps.  But I am still unable to login to the 8080 port through the workbench.  In fact there is no listener on 8080.

4 hours into this thing and nothing!

-------------------------------------------------------------  Update...

Got into weblogic admin and saw that the 8001 port was the only Managed Server running, so I used it instead of 8080.  So now I am able to login.  Okay, I will calm down and begin to use this.

Thanks for your help thus far, but I wasn't able to make much progress until i could figure out how to get into the system.

Former Community Member

Change the Workbench Hostname to the computer name or IP address.

For adminui, do you have localhost defined in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?