Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Cannot Edit Form Created In LiveCycle

Former Community Member

I created a form in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2. I've been able to edit it in LiveCycle freely (which has been necessary since the client keeps changing his mind as to what should be in it & how it should look). But today when I tried to edit it in LiveCycle, it gave me the Import wizard instead. It contains FormCalc scripting & specific object names, which will all be wiped out if I do that.

I don't want to import the form and create a new one. I want it to edit the form that already exists and that it was able to edit in the past without a problem. How do I convince LiveCycle to do this?

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If the form was a Static PDF form (as saved in LC Designer), make sure that comments have not been added to the form. Also open LC Designer and try opening the form directly from LC Designer (and not through Acrobat).

Failing that you may need to go back to the previous version.

Normally, once you have created a form in LC Designer, you can open it back up again. So I am not sure what the issue is.

Niall

Former Community Member

I verified there are no comments in the form. Launching LC Designer first & then opening the file, was among the first things I had tried.

As for previous versions, I had made many changes to the file since the last save, so going back to an older version wasn't very helpful. I had not been aware that forms needed to be saved ... separately ... every couple of minutes in Designer. If I'd known that, I'd have done it previously. That's how I'm working now: I'm saving each form every couple of minutes under different filenames so this doesn't happen again. It's adding a lot of overhead to my work, but apparently it's what I need to do.

Somehow it seems I've reverted to the old days (i.e. 20 or 30 years ago) when file saves were always iffy propositions.

Level 10

Hi,

I do not know what went wrong with your form. Maybe if you post it to a file sharing site I can have a look when I get a chance.

However, I don't think you have to frequently save the form to a new name in Designer. Yes, it is a good idea to save frequently.

I have not heard of your particular problem before, when a form gets corrupted to that extent that it can't be reopened in Designer.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 10

I think the file is corrupt, so Designer cannot extract the XPD stream from the shell PDF.

As Niall already suggested, you can upload your form, so we can analyze it.