Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot deploy adobe-livecycle-websphere.ear

Former Community Member

I am manually deploying the ears for LiveCycle ES2 (on a websphere/oracle cluster).  When I try to deploy adobe-livecycle-websphere.ear, I get the following error on the websphere console.

ErrorThe exception com.ibm.websphere.management.application.client.AppDeploymentException: WSWS0011E: Caught an exception while trying to get an InputStream for file WEB-INF/webservices.xml in module um-scheduler.war,WEB-INF/web.xml. The exception is java.lang.NullPointerException. [Root exception is java.lang.NullPointerException] occurred. Check log for details.

I am just installing the PDF Generator on the cluster.  I am able to deploy the adobe-livecycle-native-websphere-x86_win32.ear and the

adobe-assembler-ivs.ear without any problem.  They are both installed and running. 

This is the only ear that is failing (both manually and through the config manager).

There is no additional information in the system and error logs.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I found out that livecycle is not compatible with websphere 7.0.0.11.

adobe-livecycle-websphere.ear will fail if you try to deploy the ear on this websphere version.

I have been successful in installing it on websphere 7.0.0.9.

Former Community Member

this issue has been resolved in ES2 Service Pack 1 through a patch, and fixed in Service Pack 2 which is slated for release in a few weeks.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the link, but I can't see the 'patch' for Service Pack 1 there mentioned previously.

Level 2

To receive this patch you will need to contact Adobe Enterprise Support.  Please reference defect id#2695467 and they will evaluate further confirming you have the same problem and deliver you the fix.