Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot access room

Level 1

Hello,

I tried to access my rooms using the latest LCCS Room console app and I just can't anymore.

I added other rooms and get the same behavior: hourglass is running but nothing happens event after several minutes.

How can this be fixed?

BTW does the free developer account have any limitations at all?

Thanks!

16 Replies

Employee

If you send us some information about your account we can check what's going on.

Free developer accounts have a limit of $15 worth of usage. After that you should get an errors in your application (quota limit reached) until the month rolls over.

Level 1

Thanks for you answer. What kind of info do you need? My email is frederic at mayot . net

Employee

I need your account URL. Thanks!

Employee

I have looked at our server logs and I don't see anything strange related to your account.

I see some accesses during the day and everything seems ok.

Can you explain better what problem are you having ? If it's an application problem it would be helpful if you collect the log messages in FlexBuilder running in debug mode.

You mention DevConsole. Do you mean that you can run your application but DevConsole cannot connect to your room instance ?

Level 1

My application works fine. However I can't enter my room using the dev console. I can login my account with the dev console, see my rooms and create new rooms but I cannot enter. When I click enter, the hourglass starts running and nothing happens. I waited several minutes.

Former Community Member

That’s quite weird since I just now tried on my account and didn’t have any issue. Are you sure it was not a temporary issue and can you try that again now?

Also , you can try one thing. Save one of your existing room as a new template and then go to that template, create room and see whether you are able to login.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

I've been having this problem since yersterday. It's still not working.

I previously tried what you've asked. Same problem.

Level 3

I've seen this behavior as well. For me it seems to be an LCCS console issue because when it happens, I can use the server-to-server calls and everything works.

Former Community Member

Hi ,

This is very strange. I just now twice downloaded and installed the SDK Air app again after cleaning and I am never facing this issue in any of my accounts.

Do you face this issue always or sometimes intermittently ?

And Frederic, one way could be you can give me a screenshot of My Accounts Edit dialog, basically the one in which you entered the account url, login name etc, I just want to be sure everything is fine. And did you always have this problem or only last two days ? You can pm me the credentials also if you are ok , I can debug and see whats going on specific to dev console in your account.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

It's very intermittent. I'd go so far to say that it's rare. Every few weeks or so it happens.

Former Community Member

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for your pm with details. I tried to run your account many times using dev console and didnt face any issues right now. I am attaching all the screenshots of your account that I went in. Do you use always "automatically enter room" option. Does changing that makes a difference ? Moreover, just check with your account dialog the settings I am sending to be doubly sure.

Also, can you try now once to enter any of the two rooms. I created one for you.

Let me know what you think and how it goes.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

Ok I figured it out. For some reasons URL of my account was messed up in the dev console. The room name was included in the URL.

However, I think the dev console shouldn't hang but give an error message.

To try to reproduce the problem just use this URL for my account. https://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/fredmayothttps://collaboration.adobelivecycle.com/fredmayot/webcamstudy1/webcamstudy1

Former Community Member

Hi Frederic,

I thought so. That’s why I gave you the account screenshot and asked you specifically to check that. That url should be always of the account not of room.

I think you are good now.

I can see if I can put the message in future that if you put anything more than account url, it gives error. Many users have made this mistake earlier and we have informed them.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

That would be nice.

Thanks again for your help.

Former Community Member

Just to inform you, I have added a warning in console while creating accounts that you should add only your account url and not add any room names to the account url.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu