Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Can we upload files here?

Former Community Member

Many people have said they couldn't upload files here.  In this post I'm looking for an upload function and can't find it.  I've looked under the "HTML" (right corner top) and the "Show Full Editor" and can't find an upload function.

Why isn't there an upload function?  I've seen several of the employees ask to have the files directly sent to them, but then no one else can see them to help/learn.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

When you do a reply you the top of the edit panel should look like this..

Untitled1.png

To attach images (like the one above) you use the camera icon. The bottom of the panel should look like this..

Untitled.png

To upload files you use the Choose File button.

Are you not experiencing the same?

Steve

Former Community Member

The top one is correct.  Peons, like me, don't see the bottom one at all.

Former Community Member

This peon is trying to find out why this may happen. I have falsely assumed that all registered users had access to the same features.

Steve 

Former Community Member

OK. It turns out that all people are created equal but some people are more equal than others. Due to repeated attacks on the web site by those attempting to upload malicious files the feature had to be disabled for non-employees. Sorry...and disappointed.

Steve

Former Community Member

They might be able to turn it on for those that have over 100 posts - they must be safe after that many.

I had a forum that I had to shut down for spammers.  It was a specialized one (political) so they had to be searching for any site at all.  The low life scum is ruining it for everyone.