Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Can't use vector art and dynamic forms simultaneously?

Level 1

I've been tasked with creating an online order form, and it seems that beign able to use vector graphics is key to the form's design. Dynamic form elements are also quite necessary - all the information has to fit on one page (and thankfully, most of it is mutually exclusive, allowing only the needed fields to appear).

Unfortunately, when I make a layout for the form in Illustrator and import it into LiveCycle, I seem to be unable to use any of the drawing tools (more specifically lines and text, both of which I need). I tried saving the file as a dynamic form, but only the option to save it as a static form appears.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or am I going to have to choose between using vector graphics and dynamic form options?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Correct. You can import the PDF as static artwork and then add form objects.

Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Image support in Designer is limited to .bmp, .eps, .jpg, .gif, .png and .tif.

Steve

Level 1

So I can't import a vector art PDF and then add dynamic form capabilities on top of that?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Correct. You can import the PDF as static artwork and then add form objects.

Steve

Level 1

So, basically, I can't "have my cake and eat it, too" - I have to choose either between importing vector artwork or making a form that has dynamic (raster only) artwork and form elements?

(Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I just want to make absolutely sure before I go tell my boss it can't be done!)

Level 1

Ah, I'll have to change gears on this design, then. Thanks for clarifying!

Level 1

does anybody know if there is/will be a chance to make a "vector graphics" fragment?

All my attempts with vector graphics file formats (the only one possible: "EPS") miserably failed.

As I understand it is not possible to make a flowable layout form with a vector graphics image.

Is this supposed to remail so?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----