Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Can't use my existing adobe.com/acrobat.com account to log into afcs.acrobat.com

Level 1

Hi... I've been trying to log in into https://afcs.acrobat.com using my existing adobe.com/acrobat.com account but it always asks me to create a new account. And when I try to create a new one, it says my username is taken. Clicking on forget password takes me back to adobe.com with my account already logged in but doesn't send me an e-mail telling about my supposedly forgot password.

Anyone had the same problem?

thanks,

J Moretti

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi J,

The issue here is that in addition to using your existing Adobe ID you also need to pick an unique account name.  We have a fairly sizeable number of users now so picking an unique account name can be challenging, so I suggest using one that is as uncommon as possible.  It's not something that you'll need to remember as we display it prominently in the developer portal, but it is important in our development model.

We've received complaints before on how hard it is to pick an unique account name, so we'll make sure to add something in a future release where we can suggest unique names to ease sign up.

Thanks,

Fang

Level 1

Hello Fang, could it be that the user name I'm trying to pick is the same that I'm using with my prerelease account? Are those databases linked in anyway?

It just seems weird that afcs is the ONLY service in the world where my username is taken!

Thanks,

Jr Moretti

Former Community Member

Hi Jr Moretti,

These databases on not linked.  Just login with your existing Adobe ID, and then pick an obscure account name.  Again, all you need is your Adobe ID and password to login, there isn't a need for you to remember the obscure account name.

Based on your earlier post, it's not your username that is taken.  It's the account name.

Thanks,

Fang