Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

can't test preview PDF

Level 2

Does anyone know why I am not able to test my form in the "Preview PDF" mode? I have built a form in LC Designer 8.0. I was able to test my forms before, but this new form I have made won't let me test it. It will show the form in the Preview Mode, but it won't allow me to fill in the live field text boxes to see what it looks like.

The background jpg is set to -- visible screen only

The text boxes are set to -- visible

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that in LC Designer an option needs to be changed in File > Form Properties.

Go to the Preview tab and select "Interactive form" from the drop down:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

... snap...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 7

Does the jpg cover the entire page? It's possible you need to right click the jpg and click "Send to back" in order to access the form fields.

Level 2

yes, the jpg covers the whole page, but it is sent to back. I can actually see the text on the Preview page, but NOT the form field boxes (which I have built as appearance: none) I don't want the recipient to see the boxes, they will only see the highlighted boxes when they open in Reader. When I open this form in Reader I can see the highlighted boxes, but yet I can't test it in LC?

Former Community Member

In the Form Properties/Preview panel is the Preview type dropdown set to Interactive Form?

Paul

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I suspect that in LC Designer an option needs to be changed in File > Form Properties.

Go to the Preview tab and select "Interactive form" from the drop down:

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

... snap...

Level 2

Thanks so much, works now!!!

Former Community Member

I cannot get the Preview PDF tab to show up, and my properties are set up as shown above.  Any ideas?