Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can't import dynamic XML PDF

Level 2

Hello,

I have created a PDF form in livecycle designer (es 8.2), which is a dynamic XML form. It all works fine, and once the user fills it out they email it back to me in PDF format. Basically the form creates a print ready business card.

I want to place the filled form in to indesign just as a linked PDF, but whenever I try I get the message "to view the full contents of the document you need the latest version of the PDF viewer...."

I have reader v11, and am using CS4 creative suite. Before I added dynamic elements this worked fine but as soon as it was a dynamic XML PDF it stopped working. The only work around I can find is to print to PDF which flattens the form, but this is far from ideal as I will be needing to do this several times a day so this adds another step to the process.

Any help much appreciated!

1 Reply

Level 10

XFA_ShellPDF.png

Do you see this? This is the shell-PDF of an XFA form.

Its a simple PDF file that every PDF viewer can/will display if it does not support the XFA data like InDesign.