Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can't change the address for form to be returned to?

Level 1

I'm new to form creation in Live cycle.

I've created a form and which works fine but need to change the return address. I have changed the email address on the Object Field tab and saved the form.

When I distribute it though, the original email return address is still showing on the Send form.

Can someone please suggest where I am going wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

When you distribute a form using LiveCycle Designer File > Distribute Form... it asks for some preferences e.g. email address etc. However, these cannot be reset if you make changes to the form and run File > Distribute Form subsequently.  The only way that I have found to change the email address is to edit the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro.  Go to File > Preferences and select the Identity category and you can change the email address from there and save your form.

Hope this helps,

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

When you distribute a form using LiveCycle Designer File > Distribute Form... it asks for some preferences e.g. email address etc. However, these cannot be reset if you make changes to the form and run File > Distribute Form subsequently.  The only way that I have found to change the email address is to edit the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro.  Go to File > Preferences and select the Identity category and you can change the email address from there and save your form.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Level 1

Many thanks Paul, that was just what I needed to know, and it works fine now - why don't the books tell you that?

Thanks again.

Jayne

Level 2

It is one of those bizarre dependencies between two products - I wasted a *lot* of time trying to track this down. It is not documented as far as I am aware.

Actually , it is not necessary to use Distribute Form to send out your PDF.  You can simply use the PDF as created by Livecycle Designer and send that out.  However, using Acrobat has an advantage in that you can add additional usage rights to the document, such as the ability to save the filled in PDF, which might be useful to you.

Paul