Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can not split pages in Adobe Reader X

Former Community Member

Hello,

I want to split some multi-page PDFs into separate PDFs but I can not do it. Apparently I am missing a toolbar. I do not have a Page, Tools, or Document dropdown or button. I have looked at everything online and they all show the same things, which involve a toolbar or option I do not have. I have tried to customize the toolbars and nothing changes. I have File, Edit, View, Window, and Help. Below that I have the toolbar with Convert online, Convert to Word, page options, zoom options, Fit to page options, Sticky notes, Highlight, and View in read Mode, then at the far right are Comment and Share. Nothing else. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall? Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi

I was wondering... Did you ever find a solution for this? I have exacty the same problem! I only have the tools pane on the right where you can create, export, and send pdf files but that's it. Like you said, online advice is useless - cannot do any of it. I haven;t tried unistalling and reinstalling yet but I have the feeling that it won't change anything anyway.

So, what did you in the end?

Cheers

Level 1

I found if i print selected pages with a no frills free add on from cnet or download.com such as doPDF I can pull the pages i want and save them as a PDF to any folder i wish by simply using the print command. i know it's a little drawn out that way especially if you have multiple pages at different locations, but there are also some pretty good free compiler out there to  and it seems to work pretty nicely without the annoying toolbars.

hope this helps

Level 1

a print addon seems to help (see reply to original thread)