Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can imageFields grow/expand tables?

Level 2

As you can see in this screenshot, the imageField is getting cut off.

I have it set to "Use Original Size". I have multiple images of varrying sizes that are being fed into this imageField with javascript.

9-19-2013 12-41-11 PM.png

is it possible to make the table expand to conform to the varrying sizes of the image?

Thanks!

8 Replies

Level 4

You can use "Scale image to fit Rectangle".

Level 2

Unfortunately this wont work for me. It's imperitive that the images be thier original scale. When the document is printed they need to be able to compare the physical profile to the image.

Level 10

Being as you know the size of the image, you could set the height of the field using that information.

You use .h to manipulate the height.

So something like:

table.row.h = (value + "points|in|mm|etc").toString();

Former Community Member

Hello,

You can use subfrom in row cell of table and make the subform flowable.Now use image inside this subform.

Still you need to check the image size as if the size is too large it may cover complete page and that case other row may get overlapped.

-Vijay

Level 2

I've tried wrapping just the images in a subform and having a script call the hidden images and change thier state to visible.

This process works, it expands the table to fit the images. A problem that I can forsee is that I have a large library of images. As each new line item is instanced, it will also instance the group of images available to choose from. Am I incorrect here? Im affraid the file size will just be too ridiculously huge. I don't know. Maybe im going about this the wrong way.

Level 2

This is why I used the imageField route. So that I could call the images from outside the hiearchy into the table that will be instanced.

Former Community Member

Yes, you are right. when you dynamically add new instance(row), it will add the image column also(to choose image).

In this way the size will grow and also affect the performance of the from.

So you need to take decision appropriately.

BTW this is only way to accommodate mage size in table.

-Vijay

Level 2

Is it possible then to 'move' the position of an image after its chosen from the dropdown from outside the heiarchy through script?

let's say the hiarcy is:

imageContainerSubForm

image1

image2

image3

table1

row1

cell1

imageCell

(could I move image1 to this position in the hiarchy after dropdown selection?)

(if the selection is changed to image2, image one returns to the imageContainerSubForm?)

I hope thiis makes sence. If it were possible, then I can avoid duplicating the entire imageContainerSubForm with each added instance.

This is how the hiarchy is essentially set up but im using an imageField to call replace the rawValue of the imageField with the image.value of the images. where I then run into the problem of the table not expanding to the original size of each varrying image.