Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

can I use SSRT as a QOS metric?

Level 4

I'm wondering if I can use SSRT as a good metric for how good the P2P link is between two video chat clients.  I did the following experiment.

1. First I connect two of our clients together in a video chat.
  2. Then I start logging the netstreamInfo from my audioSubscriber, and my WebcamSubscriber every 10 seconds
  3. Then I slowly restrict the bandwidth on my mac from full open all the way down to about 8KBytes/second

What I see as I do this is SSRT climbs in proportion to how restricted my bandwidth becomes.   So at full open it's around 0-6, by the time I'm at 8KB/s it's up in 2000-3000 range.   I should also mention that I'm restricting my bandwidth symetrically so 8KB/s up 8KB/s down.  I also tried adjusting my encodeQuality, framesPerPacket at the 8KB/s and I think it gives me a better audio experience.

So I'd like to do some work to do this automatically but first I wanted to ask if you guys thought using SSRT for this was a good idea?

Thanks as usual,

-Eric

0 Replies