Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I open LiveCycle created form on a Blackberry?

Level 1

I created a form in LiveCycle with expandable fields and other lovely features now our VP is saying he can't open it on his Blackberry. This is a disaster.

Is there any way to get this to work?

2 Replies

Level 4

Yes and no. No in that the integrated PDF viewer for mobile devices do not support Livecycle (XFA) PDFs. Yes in that Adobe does have additional platforms (see link below) for viewing and entering text fields for mobile devices. However I sense that you lack these options so I might suggest, if you have the software, to create a PDF with either Acrobat Pro or you can use Adobe's new FormCentral which might be included in your version of Acrobat Pro if you have it. Both have options for optimizing PDFs for mobile viewing; however you might be somewhat limited with the other features you have made in the form. But at the end of the day Acrobat created forms, for the most part, can be viewed on mobile devices. I have a somewhat limited expereince with the integrated PDF viewer in BB so I am not 100% sure if all features like expanded fields in an Acroform would work.

http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/mobile.html

Level 1

Thanks Josh,

I was really pleased with the LiveCycle form features that address some major irritations of previous Adobe Pro forms, particularly the expandable fields. We have a number of documents (Call Reports) that could be 1 page or 10 pages depending on the issue. There is no way that I know of to accomodate that in Adobe Pro. So sadly now I either have a form that doesn't work for anybody some of the time (Adobe Pro) or a form that doesn't work for some people all of the time (LiveCycle)

I did check out FormsCentral but our forms need to be part of our pdf based document control system so I don't think that will work either.

Thanks for your help

Karen