Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I make it so that text shrinks so that it all fits in the text box?

Level 2

In a text field, if the text that is entered into the field is longer than the space allows, can I make it so that the text shrinks so that it all fits in the box?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want it to shrink you can set the point size to 0 in the Font palette, Make sure that it is set to Value only and not Value and caption. Then as the user fills the field the text will shrink to a smaller point size.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

In the Layout tab of the textbox, you need to check the checkbox "Expsnd to Fit" under the width section.

You need to make sure the form is saved as Dynamic XML form.

ExpandToFit.jpg

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Thank you.  I see this box though I do not know what Dynamic XML form is.  Sorry - can you help with that one too?

Level 10

1) You can set the Render format in the Form Properties. You can open the window by going to File menu -> Form Properties.

2) When you click on File -> Save As and select the Save as Type value as "Adobe dynamic XML Form"..

ExpandToFit.jpg

Thanks

Srini

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want it to shrink you can set the point size to 0 in the Font palette, Make sure that it is set to Value only and not Value and caption. Then as the user fills the field the text will shrink to a smaller point size.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----