Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I create subforms dynamically?

Level 4

Hello,

I need to develop a interactive form, wherein user enters the data, its as below,

Insiance of AIF.jpg

As we saw the requirement is as below,

1) Place a push button on the form, here its just simple a + symbol

2) When user clicks it as a 1st time, a new subform / set of fields need to be added / visible to the form so that user will enter his/her 1st kid details

3) If user clicks 2nd time, then, a new 2nd subform / set of fields need to be added / visible to the user under the 1st kid details section

like that same, user can add upto 20 instances / kids details / subforms, I mean, its dynamic, user may enter zero / nothing or 3 or 5 or 10 or 20, not sure, max. limit is 20

Pls. let us know

1) is it possible?

2) If so, by chance do you know any white paper, demo, tutorial, article, sample in this perspective so atht I wil go thru it and develop?

3) Any suggestions pls.?

Thank yyou

3 Replies

Level 7

This can be done by creating a repeating subform. Instructions on how to do this are in the Designer manual provided by Adobe.

Level 4

Thank you.

Pls. I want to make sure that you got my point, here in my case,

1) When user opens the form 1st time, the 'Kids details' subform/boxes should not show up UNTIL UNLESS user clicks the + symbol

How many clicks on + symbol = that many subforms / kids boxes, I mean, subforms should create / show up dynamically

2) Sure, I will go thru the Adobe manula, but, by chance do you know any demo on the web

Former Community Member

Lots of tutorials on the web. Do a simple search on youtube for "Livecycle" and you'll get plenty. Most are pretty good. I believe there is one on repeating subforms.

Do a search here on repeating, and you'll get tons of info and samples.