Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can I Convert a Fillable Form So it Can Be Read On an Ipad?

Level 2

Hello Everyone

I use Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 to create fillable forms for people in my group.  Without fail, people with mobile devices are unable to see drop-down lists, date fields, etc.  All they can view is the artwork used for the form.  I've read that b/c LiveCycle saves its forms in an XFA format, it cannot be read on Ipads and tablets.  I've tried (without success) to open the document in Adobe Professional and save it in another format.  However, the problem persists where it cannot be seen on Ipads and tablets.  Is there a workaround for this even if it just only for them to see the data in the form as a flat file PDF? 

Thanks

Daryl

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi,

I create many forms for the iPad. We use PDF Expert to view all of the forms as it seems to do the best job and we make sure the forms are saved as "Static PDFs" when exporting them. This seems to work for basic forms with name and comment fields, check boxes & radial buttons, drop downs and date fields. I hope this helps!