Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can I connect another FMIS server to LCCS?

Level 1

I understand that recording streams in LCCS is currently in private beta, however I have a client who wants recording plud screen share. I know that I can connect one FMS server as a client to another.

So my question: Is the correct RTMP url exposed in LCCS such that I could connect my own FMS server as a client to perform recoreding of a screenshare published via LCCS?

Many Thanks

Matt

3 Replies

Employee

Well, I don't think you can do it. While in theory the rtmp URL is there, it's dynamic (we assign the FMS with the lowest load to new rooms, and if something fails we restart the room on a different FMS).

Also, you would need to emulate the Flash client in order to gain access to the room resources (otherwise you will either not have permissions to access the streams or you'll have two clients trying to connect with the same authentication tokens and we may shutdown one of them.

Also, unless you force the client to connect via rtmps (or you use the Player 9 SDK) you will get an "rtmfp" URL, that you will not be able to use unless you are planning of running FMS 4.

Did you try our recording ? If you did, did you have any problem with it ? And if not, send us a private email with a brief description of what your application is and we can get you going.

Level 1

Hi Raff,

Thanks very much for your informative reply.

I have a client who would go with LCCS build for their project, but I need to generate a quote including estimating running costs.

Since the recording feature is in Beta (I havnt got private beta access at the moment) and the fact that there is no pricing fpr the recording this pretty much blocks my ability to quote on this basis.

Is screen capture possible in the FMS 4. I could quote on a full bespoke build if this was the case.

Many Thanks

Matt

Level 1

...actually why would the load balancer treat a connection coming from an FMS client any differently to one coming from a Flash client?

It certainly sounds like its a non-trivial challenge to remake the LCCS FP9 SDK in SSAS, but surely not impossible...

Anyway, the client has just informed me that they are still raising funds so this may be a moot point in the short term. Lets hope you guys get the recoding feature out of beta before we need it!

Many Thanks