Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can I build the LCCS Server in my own server?

Level 1

I want to use LCCS to build a programm. But I must use my own server to create room and valid users,Can I build my own LCCS Server? Is it feasible? Thank you for your help.

6 Replies

Employee

No, LCCS is a hosted service only.

If your application uses a limited (and fixed) number of rooms and you don't need an application server for other purposes, you can create your rooms in advance in DevPortal or using DevConsole.

But if you need to be able to dynamically create new rooms (i.e. because you are creating accounts for new users) you do need a server-side component, but I am assuming that in this case you would need one anyway to manage your users in a database or such.

Level 1

I need to dynamically create new rooms, so you said that I need additional server. Can you tell me does it have to be FMS server? Do I need to buy FMS server license? Also, if I record sessions, where are they stored (on my own or LCCS server)? Best regards.

Employee

You need to have a web application server and use our server to server APIs (available for most of the commonly used web programming languages).

Recording will be stored on the same server (basically you can register an HTTP endpoint and we'll PUT/POST a zip file with the recording).

Level 1

I have one more question. Will the user of LCCS application see adobe URL in the address bar or the URL of my website? In other words, will user see that applications uses Adobes servers? I prefer if that was not visable, but if it is no problem.

Former Community Member

Your users shouldn't see anything in their address bar - your application

will be hosted on your site, but be making calls to LCCS. Really observant

users may notice these calls in their browser status bars (down in the

bottom left), but in general no one tends to notice.

nigel