Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can both text and an image be inserted into an expandable text field?

Former Community Member

A user wants to be able to add equations and text into an expandable text field within a table in a dynamic pdf which was created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2.

He also would like to be able to insert screen shot images into the same field.

We don't think this is possible, since the various fields allow for different types of input. But we are being pressed to do this. I am looking for a way to do it, or a definitive answer that it cannot be done with Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

And of course, if that is the case, does anyone know how to create a pdf form that does allow for both text and image insertion in one field?

thanks and Happy New Year!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you drag a subform onto the page (not into the table) and then into this subform place an ImageField and a TextField. Set these up as you want them to appear in the Table and set the subform to a Flowed layout.

Then copy the subform and paste it into the cell within the Table.

To the user it will appear as a textfield and an image field within the same cell.

That should work, as we have done similar in the past.

In relation to the screenshots, the ImageField object will only allow the user to click it and browse to where on their computer an image file exists. You cannot drag an image file and drop it onto the ImageField within the PDF. Nor can you paste from the clipboard into an ImageField.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you drag a subform onto the page (not into the table) and then into this subform place an ImageField and a TextField. Set these up as you want them to appear in the Table and set the subform to a Flowed layout.

Then copy the subform and paste it into the cell within the Table.

To the user it will appear as a textfield and an image field within the same cell.

That should work, as we have done similar in the past.

In relation to the screenshots, the ImageField object will only allow the user to click it and browse to where on their computer an image file exists. You cannot drag an image file and drop it onto the ImageField within the PDF. Nor can you paste from the clipboard into an ImageField.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hi Niall!

Nollaig shona duit agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise duit!!

Thanks for the quick answer. I will try this out right away and let you know how I make out with it. This could raise the level of our LCD forms to a new height! And make MORE work for us

Slán -

Marla

Former Community Member

Thanks!

Niall, this works great!  Thank you!

marla