Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Can an AIR app automatically detect remote database changes?

Level 1

Is it possible for an AIR app to automatically detect changes made directly to a remote database (via SQL on the database server, not by another AIR client using LCDS)?

I have implemented an AIR app that uses LCDS for offline/online synchronization and conflict resolution, and it is able to detect changes made to the remote database when it performs an initial load or reconnect. However, if I update the remote DB server after the client has loaded and remains connected, the change is not automatically synched to the local data store.

In the Adobe documentation it states - "By default, the Data Management Service detects data changes made from Flex clients and the server push API and propagates those changes to other clients. "  Does this mean that server changes can only be detected if the server push API is used and not by direct DB updates?

0 Replies