Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Can a .pdf created with Livecycle allow a user to enter a % symbol in a numeric or decimal field?

RyCity589
Level 2
Level 2

What I've found so far is that the only way to get the % symbol into a numeric/decimal field at all is to set the "display pattern" to display the % symbol after numbers have been entered into the field.

The reason I want the field to be numeric and not text is because I have to run a FormCalc caculation that populates a third field.

(NumericField1 * Numeric Field2*) + NumericField1

3 Replies
Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I think that you have covered the only option available: a disply pattern!

Sorry,

Niall

RyCity589
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the reply Niall.

I ended up chanigng the numeric field to a decimal field instead, and added the following display pattern: num{zzzz9.99'%'}

So although the user can't enter a % symbol into the field, a % symbol automaticaly populates when the user enters a number.

My criteria involved ensuring that a user could not enter a number with more than two numbers after the decimal, so I also set a trailing digits max of 2 (in the Obect > Field settings)

This is the FormCalc formula I used in the "calculate" event to calculate the salary increase amount request: (DecimalField1 * NumericField2) *.01 + NumericField2

This formula is meant to calculate the salary amount a manager is requesting their employee's salary be increased to.

Niall_O_Donovan
Level 10
Level 10

Okay, I'll be happy with a 99.99% increase please