Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Calling Multiple Child Long Live Processes from Long Lived Process

Level 3

Hello,

We have a process that can split into four long live processes (using an AND-WAIT gate).  These processes would all run fine in Livecycle ES, but now in ES2 only one or two of the long lived processes seems to run at once.  I checked in the adminui and the child long lived processes are listed as running inside of the parent process, but there are no long lived processes associated with some of the children when I do a search.  I also see that there is a gap in the process IDs for where these should have been.  For instance:

Parent Process ID: 848

Child 1: 849

Child 2: not found

Child 3: not found

Child 4: not found

New long lived process: 853

It seems like the processes are getting instantiated but they do not run.  I checked the record and playback and still see nothing for the other processes.

We would like to have this issue resolved as soon as possible.  Please do not hesitate to give suggestions or ask questions.  Thanks.

4 Replies

Level 10

It will surely invoke all processes defined within the gateway element expect if there is an error which might skip one or more branches.

If you still feel weired, send you LCA to nith.mof@gmail.com I will try to look into the issue.

Nith

Level 3

Unfortunately it is not invoking all the processes.  I checked the stalled processes and there are none listed.  I cannot send you this LCA since this would be a breach of confidentiality. 

I will attempt to rewrite the section in the next day or two and post anymore information I find. 

Level 10

Alright, let me know if you find this logic working.

Nith

Level 3

Rewriting the section seemed to do the trick.  Not sure if the gateway or the processes has troubles being upgraded from ES to ES2, but they are working now.