Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Calling a web service using a wsdl

Level 1

I am trying to access a web service from a button in Lifecycle Designer.  I have successfully done the following:

1.  added a Data Connection that connects to the web service via a wsdl file

2. dragged the request, response, and button items onto the form.  The button correctly reflects the web service location.

When I enter data into the request boxes (which works from another place calling the web service) and click the button, I expect the call to the web service to return the response into the response text box, but nothing happens.  No error is reported.

I have confirmed that the web service is “Document/Literal”.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

You probably need to use Acrobat rather than Reader. You can't call web services from Reader unless you first "reader extend" the form.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

You probably need to use Acrobat rather than Reader. You can't call web services from Reader unless you first "reader extend" the form.

Former Community Member

Yip - Acrobat or Reader Extensions are needed.

Try right click on the PDF and open in Internet Explorer and try your submit (hopefully the domain is trusted)