Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Call a URL

Level 2

Hi,

I tried to create a new process which should just call a url with some parameters (which makes some actions on other server). I thought "Invoke Web Service" is the right one. But unfortunatelly I didn't succeed.

- Is "Invoke Web Service" the action for my needing?

- Isn't there a howto so I can create a small process which just call an url: http//host/face/action.url?ArgumentA=123&ArgumentB=456

AgrumentA and ArgumentB are given by input-variable.

I would be glad if there is such example so I can see how the process should look like.

cu Floh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

What are you expecting to happen when you call that URL. Is that simply a web page that is supposed to get displayed? Is there a program on the URL that will return something? Maybe a bit more explanation of your use coase woudl be helpful.

Paul

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

What are you expecting to happen when you call that URL. Is that simply a web page that is supposed to get displayed? Is there a program on the URL that will return something? Maybe a bit more explanation of your use coase woudl be helpful.

Paul

Level 10

We currently don't have a service that makes http calls from LiveCycle.

You can build a custom component to do that if you want. This is something I've done in the past.

Jasmin

Level 2

On Webserver there is tomcat6 running. The"webpage" on that will call a java function. This will create some datas in MySQL-DB (this is why some parameters are needed in URL) and it will create a instance on the webserver.

This webpage doesn't display anything except if error happened there. But later I would like return a string/long (not decided yet) back to LC.

What about "Invoke Web Service"?

Do you mean by programming own java function?

cu Floh

Former Community Member

The post that Jasmin made holds true then.

Paul

Level 2

Well, you're right. I implemented a small java application, which successfully called the url and got the content. I'd like put it in a process by doing "define action". But I dunno how it should be done. Is there a Java-documentation for process-action? And Howto for inserting java-source into LC ES2?

Thank you!

cu Floh

Level 2

Thank you very much! I assume I can use that on our ES2 server even if the documentation is for ES2.5.

Have a nice day!

Floh

Level 10

Yes. It hasn't changed in ES2.

Something else that you might find interesting is we have an Eclipse plugin to help you build the custom component.

You can find it here: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lcwcdtool/

I hope this helps.

Jasmin

Level 2

Thank you very much! The URLs will help me a lot.

cu Floh

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----