Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculation - Add to A Specific Subtotal Based on Drop Drown

Level 4

I have for dynamic form with  repeating fields.  There are three subtotals one for each sales person  (that do not repeat). I would like to add the sum for each sales person  from the "Sales" field depending on which sales person is selected in  the "SalesPerson" drop down field. Please note that these are not in  tables, but just Text, Drop Down and Numeric fields lined up like a  table.

Example:

TotalSales

Jill                     35

Bobby              20

Mike                 30

Total            85

Sales Person     Sales

Jill                       10

Mike                    20

Jill                       10

Jill                       15

Bobby                  20

Mike                    10

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There is a similar example here that shows how to set up a for loop that look through the repeating rows and adds values for set criteria (in this case VAT codes, but in yours sales persons): http://assure.ly/haaOfc.

Hope that gives you a direction,

Niall

Level 4

Hello Niall,

Thanks you very much for your assistance the example you set has some wonderful capabilities, unfortunately I am a beginner and I am unable to breakdown the script that is in your form and get what I need in my form. Is there any way you could direct me to a form that is even closer to what I am trying to achieve?  Please note that in the bottom half of my example the sales person's name is in a drop down.

Thanks again for you assistance