Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Calculating radio buttons

Level 2

I have a performance appraisal form that has about 50 questions that can be rated as exceeds, meets, or improvement needed. I would like to assign a value to each radio button and have a numeric field at the end that calculates a total score. Any suggestions? I havent been able to get it to work so far.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Shawnim64115838,

below is the form as you requested, now all the radio buttons are calculated as per the values in each one.

WeTransfer

in case asking for reason your script is not working, please refer to below causes:

1- Your script has not been set to sum all the radio buttons.

2- You can not use Group for all the groups in your form. you need to specify each group name like (Group1,Group2..etc).

3- The values of 40 radio buttons where set wrongly and some where not set.

4- You need to refer to your radio buttons from the top to the target. for example ((Your Form name).Page1.Section1.Gorup1.Radiobutton1).

After fixing all and writing the script. now you form is working properly.

Sincerely,

#Karwan !

@#Kurdistan

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Level 3

If you check under the Object palette and go into the Bindings tab you can set the value for each radio button choice or simply just check the current values for each button (default 1,2,3 etc.).

If you want to access the value for each question you simply access this by using the "RadioButtonList.rawValue".

To sum them all up can be done by having a calculate event on your numeric field, or alternatively creating a script object and then calling a function which sums all the questions/RadioButtonList values.

Personally I think an average score on the questions would probably be more comprehendable than a total score, but guess that's up to you

hope this helps , regards Mattias.

Level 2

I set a value for each radio button under the bindings tab and I added a

numric field at the bottom and set the numeric field to calculate and used

a script to add the raw value of each question, but it isn't working. I do

have radio buttons in different sections in the hierarchy, would that cause

it to not calculate? I want to calculate an exact value rather than an

average because the score will then translate to a dollar amount that an

employee will receive as an increase.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 12:29 AM, mattiaswallin <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Level 3

WeTransfer

Please upload your form on this file sharing site we will take a look and tell you solution if any.

Level 2

Here is the link. I only assigned values to the first two rows of radio

buttons under the Quality section, I wanted to see if it worked prior to

changing them all. My script in the numeric field at the bottom of the

page only refers to those two rows. Is it an issue with the buttons being

in different subforms?

https://we.tl/8l08crcLf2

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Karwan Mawlood <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Level 2

Here is the link.  I only assigned values to the first two rows of radio

buttons under the Quality section, I wanted to see if it worked prior to

changing them all.  My script in the numeric field at the bottom of the

page only refers to those two rows.  Is it an issue with the buttons being

in different subforms?

https://we.tl/8l08crcLf2

Level 2

This question has not been answered, but everything has been marked correct answer for some reason.

Level 2

I'm new to LiveCycle so I'm sorry if I'm a bit slow at this.  I assigned values to each button, but I'm not sure what you mean by "access the value for each question you simply access this by using the "RadioButtonList.rawValue" Do I need to do something to the group?  Also, how do I sum them in the numeric field?  I tried a javascript formula that I saw on a tutorial, and I tried the sum function in formCalc, but I'm sure I don't have it right.

I so appreciate any help that you can give me...we are trying to give employee's raises based on their score from this form, and I can't figure out how to get it to calculate.

Thank you,

Shawni

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Shawnim64115838,

below is the form as you requested, now all the radio buttons are calculated as per the values in each one.

WeTransfer

in case asking for reason your script is not working, please refer to below causes:

1- Your script has not been set to sum all the radio buttons.

2- You can not use Group for all the groups in your form. you need to specify each group name like (Group1,Group2..etc).

3- The values of 40 radio buttons where set wrongly and some where not set.

4- You need to refer to your radio buttons from the top to the target. for example ((Your Form name).Page1.Section1.Gorup1.Radiobutton1).

After fixing all and writing the script. now you form is working properly.

Sincerely,

#Karwan !

@#Kurdistan

Level 2

You are absolutely the best!!! Thank you so, so much. I knew the values of

the all the buttons weren't set yet, I just set the first two rows to see

if I could figure out the formula part first. This is so wonderful!

Shawni

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:05 PM, Karwan Mawlood <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Level 3

any time dear just mark my answer as correct

Sincerely,

#Karwan !

@#Kurdistan

Level 2

Done, and thank you again.

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Karwan Mawlood <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Former Community Member

Hi Mr.Karwan,

I have done all the above steps but it doesn't seem to work for me. and the link is not working with me to download the file.

can you help me ? I have tried to contact you but you have no answer, Please contact me on my email below

jfoster@gmail.com

shawnim64115838Karwan Mawlood

Level 3

Please upload your file and paste the link here to see what is the issue.

Level 3

Ms. Jenney,

As per our conversation on email, I hope your issue is resolved.

Level 1

Hello - I need help on the same type of approach on a performance appraisal form.  Where is this "step by step" information found?  I don't see it in the Adobe User Manual anywhere.  Can someone send me the instructions on how to do this?

lburg40@gmail.com

Thanks!

Scot