Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calculated field

Former Community Member

I am using LiveCycle Designer creating a new purchase requisition.  I have a page with about fifteen lines for all the information.  I would like to be able to have a calculated field that is the result of the number ordered and multiplies it by the unit amount to get a line total.  When I choose the "Caculated - Read Only" type, everything greys out.  I have no access to the script editor (palette->script editor) that is referred to in the Help.  So how do I create a calculated field for each order line and keep a running total for the page total?

It is frustrating when the official HELP refers to items which aren't available, such as what I referred to earlier.

I am using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES, Version 8.2.1xxxxxxxxx.  Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Jive (the forum software) seems to queue and release attachments inconsistantly.

Send an email to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com I will forward the PDF.

Steve

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

There are various orders of events that can cause the script editor to become inaccessible. Of course I can think of none that I can reproduce, with the exception of the PaperFormsBarcode object.

Normally Designer behaves predictably. I created the attached form from scratch. It contains 7 different object types, all of which are 'Calculated - Read Only' and each has script in the calculate event.

The attached contains a table with row totals and grand totals for demonstration purposes, also.

Steve

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Jive (the forum software) seems to queue and release attachments inconsistantly.

Send an email to stwalker.adobe@gmail.com I will forward the PDF.

Steve

Former Community Member

Will do - thanks.  BTW, in HELP, it says "If the script editor is not already showing, select Palette->Script Editor".  Where is the Palette option or command?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----