Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

calculate difference between to date and convert to time

Level 5

Hi All

I try to calculate in FormCalc difference between to dates and display result in time format like HH:MM.

I have two date fields formatted by MM/DD/YYYY: satrtDate and endDate. And TextFeild where I expect to get result.

My code for TextField in calculate event:

differenceD = (Date2Num(endDate, "YYYY-MM-DD") - Date2Num(startDate, "YYYY-MM-DD")) * (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24)

$ = Num2GMTime(differenceD, "HH:MM")

But unfortunately I cannot get the result. What is problem in my calculation? How to fix to calculate correctly?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well, as a day only has 24 hours, you cannot use the Num2Time() or Num2GMTime() methods. They can only handle the amount of milliseconds within a 24 hour time frame.

For your scenario you better use a numeric field with the following display pattern:

To calculate the difference use this FormCalc script:

$ = (Date2Num(endDate.formattedValue, "YYYY-MM-DD") - Date2Num(startDate.formattedValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")) * 24

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well, as a day only has 24 hours, you cannot use the Num2Time() or Num2GMTime() methods. They can only handle the amount of milliseconds within a 24 hour time frame.

For your scenario you better use a numeric field with the following display pattern:

To calculate the difference use this FormCalc script:

$ = (Date2Num(endDate.formattedValue, "YYYY-MM-DD") - Date2Num(startDate.formattedValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")) * 24