Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

calculate a box and put result in another

Level 2

I'm trying to get the multiple of a decimal box so for example

Box1 will have the number 100

You then need to tick a check box to multiply it

Box2 will store the answer

I have the following but it doesn't work

var Aprox = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.FirstCustomer.decApproxNetIncom.rawValue

Aprox=Aprox*7

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decFirstExpend.rawValue = Aprox

**THIS CODE IS PLACED ON THE MULTIPLY BUTTON**

It's also a click function as I have another button that I want to do a divided by 12

Any help would be great

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I've fixed this by using the following:

var currency =  topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.FirstCustomer.decApproxExpend.rawValue *7;

var currency1 = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.SecondCustomer.decApproxExpend.rawValue *7;

var currency2 = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.SecondCustomer.decJointApproxExpend.rawValue*7;

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decFirstExpend = currency;

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.SecondCustomer.decSecExpend = currency1;    

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decJointExpend = currency2;

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Under which event did you write the script and the Language formcalc / JavaScript

Check whether the path of the fileds are correct or not ?

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decFirstExpend.rawValue = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.FirstCustomer.decApproxNetIncom.rawValue * 7;

You can avoid using the other variable if you use above script.

Thanks

Vjay

Level 2

Vjay,

I'll try your way now. I've slightly changed how I've gone about it, I created a function named Seven and on a click told the tick button to run that function. I'll add your Java into that function now.

Level 2

Vjay,

Sadly that didnt work. Im doing it under the change event also.

Regards

Level 5

Maybe this could help you:

step1.jpg

And then you use the following script in the calculate event of the box2 field.

step2.jpg

Hope it will helps you,

Mandy

Correct answer by
Level 2

I've fixed this by using the following:

var currency =  topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.FirstCustomer.decApproxExpend.rawValue *7;

var currency1 = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.SecondCustomer.decApproxExpend.rawValue *7;

var currency2 = topmostSubform.IFFPage6.Page.SecondCustomer.decJointApproxExpend.rawValue*7;

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decFirstExpend = currency;

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.SecondCustomer.decSecExpend = currency1;    

topmostSubform.IFFPage9.Page.decJointExpend = currency2;