Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

bypass email client

Level 3

Hi ,

I have an important question.

Is it possible to fill out a pdf form, created in LCD 8.0 and push the submitt button to send the form without appearing the email client and pushing the send button??

I hope this works!! maybe there is a secret way how to bypass the email client.

Thanks,
Diana

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Diana,

I don't think there is any way to silently submit the form by email. Each of the three ways of submitting a form by email call the email client, which the users sees and can react to. I suspect that it is possible a security issue, that the user has ultimate control of the email that is sent.

You could include a small bit of static text next to the submit button (or a tool tip) to inform the user that the form is not submitted until they complete the send operation in their email client.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Diana,

they only possible way would be to send the message directly to a SMTP host. This would mean to format the message correct based on SMTP standards and trigger the sending with IP port 25 of a SMTP mail server.

but it might be more efficient to create a WebService which receives the data and makes a message on the server which gets transfered by email.

rgs

Dieter