Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Button to copy text to the clipboard

Level 5

Reading the document "Javascript for Acrobat API Reference" Page 120:

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

the document discusses the execMenuItem command. From all that I have researched it appears I cannot create a button that copies text from a text field to the UI clipboard. 

On page 121 the API reference says:

To ensure a secure environment, the menu items that can be executed are limited to the following:

●AcroSendMail:SendMail

●ActualSize

●AddFileAttachment

●BookmarkShowLocation

●Close

●CropPages

●DeletePages.............

●ZoomViewOut

The list is long but nowhere is "Copy" mentioned. I don't want to surreptitiously copy text or use a trusted function. I am content with the user knowing a button just copied a field of text. I just want to skip the highlighting of multiple field to get all the text. Does anyone know a way around this? I would like to copy a text field to the clipboard so the text can be entered elsewhere in another program.

1 Reply

Level 6

All I know is they made this impossible a long time ago, like with Acrobat 5 or 6. I recall because I took advantage of it and never discovered a workaround.