Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Button Not Working

Level 2

In the attached form I have a button named "Add a Category".  This button is supposed to simply add a row to a table, which I have accomplished many times before, but it doesn't work.  The only thing different about the table that I am adding a row to is that this table is embeded within another table.  Another difference would be that the row I am trying to add a copy of contains a drop down list box.  This button is located on the second page of my form. Can someone help me figure out why this button isn't working??

-Susann

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You need to qualify Table14b more explicitly.

// Table14b.Row2.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

ActivitySubForm.Table14.HeaderRow.Table14b.Row2.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You need to qualify Table14b more explicitly.

// Table14b.Row2.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

ActivitySubForm.Table14.HeaderRow.Table14b.Row2.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Steve

Level 2

Steve- You are amazing. It worked. Thank you sooooo much!!

Susann K. Wenzl

Office Associate IV

Curriculum, Instruction, and Innovation Team

Nebraska Department of Education

301 Centennial Mall South

Lincoln, NE 68508

Phn: 402-471-6692

Fax: 402-471-0117

Level 2

Another problem. The "Add a Category" button only adds a row to the first set of activities. When I add a second activity the button adds a row to the first set of activities as opposed to adding to the second set. How do I fix this?

Susann K. Wenzl

Office Associate IV

Curriculum, Instruction, and Innovation Team

Nebraska Department of Education

301 Centennial Mall South

Lincoln, NE 68508

Phn: 402-471-6692

Fax: 402-471-0117

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----