Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bizarre script behavior

Former Community Member

Hello: With the help of Kyle (dcidev) I created a series of 16 check lists back in July.  Each inspection check lists asks a series of questions (varying number of questions per check list) that the auditor answers with Yes, No, N/A or Not Observed from a drop down list.  At the end of the check list, there are boxes that show the number of questions answered with each response. The questions come from an array (myLists) listed under Variables in the Hierarchy. I used notepad to format the questions for each checklist before pasting them into the XML source and saved the text file.  Everything ran as it should. I recently tried to create check list 17, but after pasting the text into the array, the script fails to run (the questions do not show up).  No error codes show up.  Here’s the bizarre part, if I use one of the text files from July, the script works fine and the questions show up.  I also found that if I delete the last question on any of the 16 check lists this will also cause the script to fail.  Also, even if I try to type the last question in the XML script directly it will fail.  I can change questions and add or delete questions, as long as I don’t touch the last question. We are using Acrobat X pro (ver 10.1.1) and LiveCycle Designer ES2 (ver 9.0.0.2). When the problem started I went to another computer and downloaded the free trial of Designer ES4 (ver 11.0.0.2) and found it reacts the same… I guess the question is what am I missing? Here is a link if anyone is willing to take a shot at this: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=2B4xp-LLI*2VErXbifXbJA Thanks Max

0 Replies