Expand my Community achievements bar.

Binding to DB on an Imported "fixed page" form

Former Community Member

The Data Drop-Down list field doesn't seem to want to work when I use an imported PDF file as the basis for my designer template.  Are there any known workarounds? I'm trying to connect to a datasource (which I can do just fine if I create a form from scratch).  When I utilize the field, or click "generate field" the best I can get is the first value in the table I"m pulling from.

Any thoughts on how to make it dynamic?

Thanks

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I started building my form by importing a PDF ( I really needed to use the current form as a background).  It asked me if I wanted it to be a static PDF or an Interactive Form.  For the application I'm building, I can only use static forms (scripts, etc. are OK).

Former Community Member

When you drag and drop the node in the datasource onto your dropdown you are binding the reultant value that is selected to the datadom. What you want to do is bind a column in the DB to the ListItems in the dropdown. Highlight the dropdown, then look at the object Palette.

screen1.jpg

In the top right corner there is a little icon, right click on that and ensure "Show Dynamic Properties" is set. Now "List Items" becomes a link. Click on that link and fill out the screen that displays. Choose the DataConnection that you established in the Data Connection Dropdown. Then simply pick the column that you want to display in the dropdown. Note that the Item Text is what is doisplayed to the user and the Item Value is what is bound to the data dom (yes they can be different). If Item Value is omitted then Item Text is used.

Hope that helps

Paul