Expand my Community achievements bar.

Binding problem?

Former Community Member

A tough one to explain!

I have a form that connects to a database using webservices.
The db is basically a list of parts, and the parts costs.

I can create a dropdownlist and populate it, with the list of parts.
I also have a numeric field that displays the cost value of each part selected in the dropdownlist.
This is working just fine...

Now, if I create a second dropdownlist, and bind it to the same data source as the first ddlist, to populate the same data, the form no longer works.
Would this be a binding issue?

I thought that you could bind multiple fields to the same webservice?

Thanks for any advice

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 11 14.09.jpg

ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 11 14.10.jpg

3 Replies

Former Community Member

The data that is returned from the web service is not permanent ..it is only there temporarily. I think this is why you are not getting it the 2nd time. Why not simply create the 2nd DD based off of the 1st DD and not off of the Web Service?

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for your prompt reply Paul.

Are you meaning globally bind the 2nd ddlist to the 1st one, so that both ddlists show the same list items?

What I am really trying to achieve here is:

The database contains the master list of parts and costs. (over 100 parts & costs)

ddlist1 would only have three or four parts from the master list, as list items

cost1 would display the cost of the selected parts from ddlist1

ddlist2 would have another three or four (different) parts from the master list, as list items

cost2 would display the cost of the selected part from ddlist2

thanks

Former Community Member

No ...I am suggesting that your Master Parts List be used to bind to the inbound data as normal. Then use scripting to get teh parts that you want from DDList1 and populate DDList2 as you want. You will not be able to accomplish this without script (binding will not take care of what you are trying to do).

Paul