Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Binding problem XML not valid

Level 2

Hi,

I created a fragment with a table in it. I inserted a button to add rows (instances). I use this fragment multiple times in my form. When I test the fragment itself the structure is created correctly in the XML file. When I open my form and I add some additional rows to a table, the structure is not as it should be. I double checked the bindings but everything seems to be ok. Where could the problem be located?

In my XML file (which I import into the PDF) there is already one instance like in the following example :

<Elements>

<Element>

<field1/>

<field2/>

</Element>

</Elements>

Normally the stucture should be as follows in the example when I add an instance (total of 2 instances) :

<Elements>

<Element>

<field1/>

<field2/>

</Element>

<Element>

<field1/>

<field2/>

</Element>

</Elements>

In the XML file the structure looks like the following example when I add an instance (total of 2 instances). He doesn't create an additional element, he just creates the 2 fields.

<Elements>

<field1/>

<field2/>

<Element>

<field1/>

<field2/>

</Element>

</Elements>

3 Replies

Former Community Member

When you insert the fragment into your main form, a subform is created for you (to hold the fragment). Whatis the binding expression on that subform node?

Paul

Level 2

The binding expressions of the subforms containing the fragments in my main form are set to none. Is that it what you mean?

Former Community Member

Yes that is what I mean .....Binding set to None means to leave the node out of the data file. Set it to Normal and it will be included in the data (if you are using a schema then we need to bind it to the appropriate node in your schema).

Paul