Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Binding multiple fields to a dropdown list

Level 3

I have a dropdown containing a list of consumables. I am already using the 'Specify Item Values' to bind the consumables product code in another field that populates depending on what's chosen.

I want to have another field populate with the quantity type (roll, box etc) of the consumable chosen from the dropdown. Is there a way of having this second field relate to the dropdown?

Thanks.

2 Replies

Level 2

This may be an overcomplicated solution but maybe an if statement in the second field you want to populate.

In the field you want to populate quantity place a script similar to this. Bear in mind this will require a few lines of script per value you want bound.

(

if

Dropdown.rawValue == 1

then

$.rawValue == Quanity1

elseif

dropdown.rawValue == 2

then

$.rawValue == Quanity2

endif

this code basically says if dropdown value is 1, this field will be "1" where "1" is whatever value you want associated with dropdown value 1. Repeat this same step infinitely for as many values associated with the dropdown including repeated values. ie. if dropdown is 1 then field value is 1 and if dropdown value is 2 field value is also 1.

I hope this will help get you on the right track. I am no expert( rather far from it as I have only been using livecycle for about a month) but I have managed to learn a lot and hope to share that with other trying to learn it.

Level 1

I`m new here. Can you help me or direct me to the answer. I want concentrate in Adobe Acrobat Pro multiple text field values in one and in that field values are as a list etc.

Value1

Value2

Value3

Thank you in advance for your help.