Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Binding an XML file into LiveCycle

Former Community Member

Currently we are using a .dat file to populate a .docx file, but we are having issues with layout and formatting and I want to switch it to using a PDF.

I have found lots of information on adding an XML Data Connection to a PDF, but nothing to do with troubleshooting. I created a simple XML file with three fields and I was able to connect it to a dynamic PDF and then generate the fields into the document. Now when I preview the PDF the values dont fill in, nor when I open it in Reader.

I have tested this on Designer ES2 and ES3 and Reader X.

I cant seem to find a way to attach the XML and PDF, but i will include the XML for reference:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<draft>

<number>100040</number>

<entered>02-18-2015</entered>

<name>Name</name>

</draft>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,You may just need to add the data file to the form, under Form Properties ... Preview?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,You may just need to add the data file to the form, under Form Properties ... Preview?

Former Community Member

Thank you very much!!!!! That has fixed it perfectly.

Former Community Member

Hello,

I believe I spoke too soon, the data now binds when I Preview the PDF in LiveCycle, but when I save it and then open it in Acrobat Pro or Reader, it does not bind the XML data in.

Any help is appreciated.

Ian

Level 10

The preview only gives you an idea how an imported xml will be populated into your form.

In the final form you'll have to import the XML again using Acrobat.