Expand my Community achievements bar.

Being blocked from repositioning text box

Level 1

Hi there,

I must confess to being very new to LiveCycle.  I am trying to turn one of our forms into an electonic fillable one, and have been lucky so far with what I have done.  However I am stuck badly now, and it does't make sense.

Please see the attachment which will highlight the problem.

When I try to move that text box, that vertical orange line appears and it won't let me move the text box into the box where i want it.  I can move it left and right, but not precise enough at all to get the box where its needed.

This has not happened at all before, and is only affecting this text box.  The text boxes are all formatted the same, and are copies of each other.  When I tried adding a new text box I still get the same problem.

Can anyone please shed some light on this?  I have tried looking through the help, but have no idea what it would be under so didn't get far.

Also, is there a way to create one text box and have it duplicated accoss a whole row (to match the grid on the pdf)?

Many thanks,

Steve

Scanned_ Document-23092010.jpg

2 Replies

Level 4

Hey,

I can't say for sure what is causing the positioning issue, as I've never seen what you are describing, and the picture is a bit fuzzy. As for your question regarding the multiple textboxes per row, I would suggest looking into the table object. You can defined as many rows/columns as you need, and each cell can be set to act as a fillable textbox, a static text element, or pretty much any other form element that you can think of (including a subform, which is very useful).

I usually stay away from tables, as I prefer having the ability to specify exactly how eveything looks/acts/feels, but I think tables would be perfect for your situation, as you are making a grid of sorts... without a table, that would be a lot of text boxes to manage.

Additionally, this might very well bypass the poitioning issue that you're seeing (whatever it may be).

Sorry if this wasn't 100% helpful, but best of luck to you.

- Scott

Level 1

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your reply... that has kind of helped.  I think using table objects from what I can see would only be applicable if designing the form from scratch.  I can't seem to do anything wit that in this case as its an imported PDF what I am working with.  The options for tables are all greyed out unfortunately.

Will definately look into the tables though next time, I think it would be easier recreating certain forms in LiveCycle from scratch!

About the picture, once you click on it if you then right click and choose view picture, it will give you a very big image thats much easier to see.

Very strange development....  the problem I mentioned has gone away now (don't think I did anything as such).  However upon trying to finish off the form today, I was struck with the same issue but with the orange line going horizontally across the screen!  I'm hoping it will resolve itself again... I bet its something really simple and obvious as well.  Always is when you know!

Thanks very much.

Steve