Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

beginners Problem with textfield

Level 2

In the following pdf I have made (as in the video) one field with a dropdownlist and a second field with a textfield.

as in the video I wrote the syntax to the textfield (of course in javascript). When changing the values from the Dropdown the same value should be shown in the textfield - but nothing ist happening.

I can't finde any mistake ???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi jm29468764,

"this.rawValue" in the switch-Section cannot work (i guess...), as the value of the adressed field (Textfeld1) is always empty - so no switch is triggered.

If possible (I use ES 4) use the (in german) "Aktionsgenerator" (action Generator) to perform this task. I've done this and this code shows up:

//Formular1.#subform[0].DropdownListe1::change - (JavaScript, client)

this.resolveNode("Textfeld1").rawValue = $.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

Hope this helps.

Regadrs

Dietmar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Sorry, I can nothing find to make an upload,  so I show here the syntax:

Syntax.JPGdropdownliste.JPGTextfeld.JPG

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi jm29468764,

"this.rawValue" in the switch-Section cannot work (i guess...), as the value of the adressed field (Textfeld1) is always empty - so no switch is triggered.

If possible (I use ES 4) use the (in german) "Aktionsgenerator" (action Generator) to perform this task. I've done this and this code shows up:

//Formular1.#subform[0].DropdownListe1::change - (JavaScript, client)

this.resolveNode("Textfeld1").rawValue = $.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

Hope this helps.

Regadrs

Dietmar

Level 2

alassir, thank you, you helped me!!

regards

jm29468764