Expand my Community achievements bar.

Barcoded pdf form

Level 1

Hi

We had developed a pdf form with few textfields, checkboxes and dropdown list in livecycle designer. It contains a QR code and it works fine on the PC where it was developed. But when I open the same pdf on another PC, the barcode is showing as greyout. Do I need any other license or how can I get it working. Please help.

4 Replies

Level 7

I am unable to reproduce the issue you're experiencing. Can you provide a screenshot?

When you say grayed out, you mean that the QR Code is just lighter in color? Or do you mean you see a gray box instead of a code?

Is the QR Code an image? Or did you create the QR Code in LiveCycle?

Level 7

Is the "other" machine running Adobe Acrobat or plain old Reader? 2d barcodes require either Acrobat or Reader Extensions.

Level 1

Thanks for your replies.

Its a grey box instead of the QR code and it was created in livecycle itself.

The other PC is using adobe reader XI.  How can I get reader extention license? Should I buy the entire Livecycle server suite and configure the server and all? Kindly advice me how to get this working?

Level 10

Hi,

the default QR code cannot be updated with data at runtime, this is an intended limitation.

You can create your own QR code with a dynamic form which doesn't have such limitation.

See this example:

LiveCycle Blog: Dynamischer QR-Code in XFA-Formular//Dynamic QR code in XFA form