Expand my Community achievements bar.

Autofill/Create multiple pdf forms from 1 xml data file

Level 1

I have Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, and very little experience with JavaScript.

I have created an interactive form in LiveCycle with form fields which I want to use as a template.  I also have a set of data (eg.spreadsheet), containing data on different customers.

What I want to be able to do is automatically create and populate the pdf with the data sets in the spreadsheet. Does anybody know of a function in either of these programs or other programs that can do this..?

I have explored the function in Acrobat that lets you fill the form based on an xml file, and this is what I want to do but on a much larger scale and produce lots of individual pdfs with each of the different sets of data.  I know how to merge multiple xml files into one xml file, which I figure will be a part of it.

Any help would me much appreciated, even pointing me in the direction of a potentially more appropriate forum.

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

Level 10

Can you share a small Excel & PDF template?

I will try to do if possible from there you can proceed..

Send your files to nith.mof@gmail.com

Nith

Level 1

I too am needing to perform a similar action.  I wish to enter information such as project name, company name, date, etc. into a single data sheet.  Then I need to autofill the same two or three fields across multiple separate pdf form files.  In this case I have approximately separate files to autofill.  The forms are all different however, they have the same two or three fields.  Any ideas?

Thanks