Expand my Community achievements bar.

Autocomplete/search drop-down list doesn't work like in PDF preview

Level 1
Hey everyone, I just recently started working with LiveCycle Designer and wanted to implement an auto-complete drop-down to make the selection easier. I found this and thought I'd try it out: Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Updated: Drop-Down List Control with auto-complete (Sea...
If I use it as it is, without modifying or overwriting it, it works perfectly fine.
But if I change anything, or simply overwrite it by saving it (even if I didn't change anything) the form doesn't work properly anymore when I open the dynamic PDF form.
BUT, if I modify it/save it and go in the 'Preview PDF' tab of LiveCycle, the form works perfectly fine and I'm able to use the searchable drop-down list.
To summarize, it seems like the dynamic form doesn't work properly when saved and opened with a reader (I'm using Adobe Reader), but it works fine in the PDF Preview from LiveCycle Designer.
Looking forward to your answers!
5 Replies

Level 10

The PDF-Preview also uses Adobe Reader so this cannot be the reason.

If you would share your form, we could analyse it.

Level 1
Sure thing, I linked the original form along with the xml file linked to it, which works, and the one I modified (copy).

Level 1

I found my problem, completely forgot the XML data isn't automatically linked to the form... I have to import it to the form every time I wish to fill it.

Is there any way I could make the document automatically import the XML data so we don't have to do it every time we open it?

Thanks!

Level 10

You have to import the XML data once with Acrobat before you distribute the form to others.

Level 1

Thanks, I figured I needed to import it with acrobat for it to work, but I thought I had to do it every time.

I'll update when I get the time to test it.