Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Auto-Number and Reminders

Former Community Member

Is it possible to do either of the following?

• Have a form number automatically created (perhaps maybe in the name of the document)?
  • Add reminders to a form

Zero Zone

2 Replies

Level 10

1.You can add a serial number to a PDF form.

If the form is used offline (Opened directly within Adobe Reader), you can generate an auto number from a web service.

If the form is used within Workspace ES2, you can make use of the Prepare Data Action Profile to populate this number. (Web service way also may apply)

2. You cannot add reminder to PDF. Instead, you can add reminders to Tasks assigned to Users/Groups using AssignTask Activity in Workflows.

Nith

Former Community Member

Thank you Nith

Could you explain the steps to set up a Serial # and maybe give an example if you have one?

I don't believe I have Workflows (and honestly do not really know much about it). If what it is called is "LiveCycle Process Management ES2", it appears that it has some features, including Tasks/Reminders that would be beneficial to our processing of forms. Another feature being requested of me in building a new form is an automatic archive, which I saw briefly mentioned in the  LiveCycle Process Management ES2 description. I am interested to learn more.

Zero Zone