Expand my Community achievements bar.

August Feature TSUNAMI!

Former Community Member

Our August release is one of the biggest updates in LCCS history.  We're including 3 big new features for your tests:

1) SCREEN SHARING. That's right, you'll be able to make applications which include
users capturing and broadcasting their screens.

2) JAVASCRIPT INTEGRATION. We're making it easy to add rich collaborative
functionality via JS libraries. This feature is currently in public beta, and we're really
looking to release this to gather feedback and bugs.

3) RECORDING AND PLAYBACK. Another highly-requested feature. This one is going out as a private beta, which means we're going to allow access to a subset of our users, so they can help us get this to final release quality. Send us an email at lccs [at] adobe.com with "Recording Beta" in the subject line, and we'll get back to you with the details you need to try it out!

New Sample Apps to go with the new features:

• Screenshare Example (4 apps!)
  • ScreenShare FlashOnly example (2 apps!)
  • JavaScriptSample
  • Recording (will only work once we've unlocked the feature for you, see above).

New Domains!! We're now live at...

New Branding!!! We've finally made the full transition from AFCS/Cocomo to LiveCycle Collaboration Service, including an icy blue new logo and look! All docs and UIs should reflect this, so if you see anything that needs updating, please let us know!

A new docs home for the Developer Guide - what was formerly just a PDF is now a live Wiki doc at...

...giving us more flexibility to provide much more regular doc updates. Those of you who love working offline, not to worry, the PDF version is still available in the docs directory of the payload.

Just launch the LCCS SDK Navigator to get the latest update, and let us know what you think!

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Great news and congratulations to the team. So with the usage of the connectnow plugin for screensharing are there any chance that the undocumented flash player plugin i hear rumours is beeing used in Connectnow for echo cancellation will be available to the masses (or at least the users of LCCS)?

Level 1

Great job guys...

Just a quick question, is there a revised live docs or extended documentation apart from just the live portal?  I have found the live docs for AFCS but it doesnt have the extended features...

Also, how do you do the screen sharing, because at the moment all i have been able to do is screen broadcasting, i.e. I am not able to gain control of the other user's computer etc.

Thanks for your help

= D

Former Community Member

Hi,

We have the live docs in the wiki starting this latest release. You can go to it by going to Documentatio Tab in your navigator app and then clicking on Developer Guide link. Or you can directly go here http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/lccs/LiveCycleCollaborationService. This should extra features too. In case , you want something specific and can't find it in the docs, let us know.

Regarding the Screen Sharing, this was the first release and we only provided Sharing Sharing ( broadcasting). The controlling usage part if coming in the upcoming release within next few months.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

One thing I forgot to mention was the docs for APIs for each component in SDK. This is also accessible through the Navigator application->Documentation->Specific Player Tab->Flex/Flash.

We always welcome suggestions on documentations as they help us make our SDK better. In case, you feel about something genuine missing, please let us know.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 1

thanks for the prompt reply

Looking forward to the next release then

Level 2

STOP SENDING MAIL TO MMCGEEHAN AT MY EMAIL ADDRESS MMCGEEHAN'S EMAIL IS

MMCGEEHAN@YAHOO.COM........THANK YOU