Expand my Community achievements bar.

Audit trail whithin workpsace

Former Community Member

Hi All,

I want to track principals actions within process management Workspace using LC RM.

When form is opened in a workspace, is there a way automatically authenticate user against Rights Management with the username and password he provided when logged in into Workspace?

Yan.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

Yan

Basically, what you are looking for is SSO (Single Sign On)  There are a few ways SSO is supported in LiveCycle.  The first way is vbia HTTP Headers using a solution like Netegrity.  This allows for single sign on from a client system to a web site (i.e. LiveCycle Admin UI, or the Rights Management End User Console, Workspace (the client itself, not a Rights Managed doc))

The second way is by using Microsoft Kerberos with Active Directory.  This allows for a user to logon to their system and the SSO token is used to authenticate the user when opening a Rights Managed PDF (i.e. in Reader or Acrobat).  I have not tested this but it should work when opening a Rights Managed PDF in Workspace as well, as Acrobat or Reader is being used to open and display the PDF.  LiveCycle also supports MS Kerberos with Spnego for web based SSO (similar to Netegrity)

Regards

Steve