Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Attachments get duplicated across Task Assigments

Former Community Member

Hi There,

I am seeing some strange behaviour in Workspace.

I have a process with a series of Assign Tasks  which allow attachments.  

In the First in workspace, I attach one item.

When I Complete the Task, the next Task Assignment in Workspace shows the attachment twice

When I Complete that Task, the next Task assignment in Workspace shows the attachment four times...

And so on ...

I am using a List variable in the attachment Input list, and output list at each Task Assign step.  When I record and playback the process, I see that it is growing exponentially.

I am using LC ES2 SP2......  Is this a bug??  Does anybody else see this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

This is a known issue and has a workaround.
Where you access your "list of document" variable via XPath, append [1] to the end of the expression.

Example:

In Workbench, navigate to the Attachments tab of the User service.
In the Output Attachments section, make sure that the dropdown is set to XPath expression not variable.
Select your variable of type list of document (mine is myAttachments) and append [1] to it.
It should now appear as /process_data/myAttachments[1].

Make sure you use this same notation on each User service step.

Diana

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

This is a known issue and has a workaround.
Where you access your "list of document" variable via XPath, append [1] to the end of the expression.

Example:

In Workbench, navigate to the Attachments tab of the User service.
In the Output Attachments section, make sure that the dropdown is set to XPath expression not variable.
Select your variable of type list of document (mine is myAttachments) and append [1] to it.
It should now appear as /process_data/myAttachments[1].

Make sure you use this same notation on each User service step.

Diana

Former Community Member

Firstly many thanks Diana, you have answered my question and it works fine now.  Great!

I am intrigued however that it is a "known" problem ... i.e. who is it "known" by?  I spent quite a lot of time looking for the answer, before I posted here.

It would be great if there was some public repository or knowledgebase of these kinds of things.  If I have missed it, I apologise, but it would be great if we could 'self serve' on information like this.

Thanks again.

Former Community Member

Hi

I thought this was documented in the Release Notes for ES2/ES2.5. After double checking it does not appear to be there.

I will make sure that a blog entry is created to cover this issue.

Known issues are catalogued in the Release Notes...so that's your best place to start.

Diana

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----